20.3.12
Mushroom picking in Oberon
Last weekend I picked Mushrooms in Oberon with a polish Family or two.
It was one of the most exciting, calming, special, beautiful, raw, fun, peaceful, connected, special things I have done.
The Mushrooms we picked and ate were called Saffron Milk Caps. There are many others in the forest that you can't eat and are poisonous. Some of them are glow in the dark and some of them look like they are straight out of a fairy tale. Nothing can explain walking through the dappled shade of the pine forest on your own with a knife and a basket, looking for that special shade of pinky orange that just might be a tasty mushroom for you to eat for dinner.
I just feel like the luckiest lady these days.
If you have some friends who go mushroom picking and they ask you to go. Go!...Bliss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're brave collecting mushrooms and eating them! I guess if you are with other people who know what they are looking for it might make it better.
I can't wait to see you in SO:ME. :)
HI Beattie,
It was nice to meet you in your beautiful store. We are still working on moving to Manly. Craving the beach and some sunshine (there is certainly none in QLD!). WE have a mutual friends too. Murray. We used to Row in the same surf club (North Burleigh). Please say Hi from Jodie & Adam Tedman.
Love your blog!
Jodie
josieinthehouse.blogspot.com
Oh Beattie this sounds just so special! I can't imagine how magical it would have felt, hunting down your mushrooms and look at the colour of them!
Also - "saffron milk caps" beautiful name :)
Love this all over!
Post a Comment