p// +61 416 749 882
e// hello@beattielanser.com

10.7.09

Guerilla Knitting

There is a Texan in Town who wants to do some graffiti knitting in the harbour city!Check out the article in Sydney Morning Herald,

"It all began in 2005 when I was sitting at my desk at my clothing boutique in Texas, looking at this steel and glass facade across the road that was really grey and hard. And I thought, 'That would look so much nicer wrapped in a bit of colourful knitting."'

Sayeg started by covering the store's doorknob, and then the signpost outside the shop. "It certainly put a smile on my face, but what amazed me was the reaction of other people: they just went insane, stopping and touching it and photographing it. So then I did it to every stop sign in the neighbourhood."Here's the yarn … Magda Sayeg, founder of Knitta Please, and some of their work, including a sculpture in Paris and a bus in Mexico City.

Here's the yarn … Magda Sayeg, founder of Knitta Please, and some of their work, including a sculpture in Paris and a bus in Mexico City.

how exciting I can't wait to see what she does in Sydney!

No comments: